We are the premier provider of behavioral health crisis care and the link to related services
SAMHC MissionWe provide Crisis Care and Related Behavioral Health Services to our Community with:
PRIDE and EXPERTISE in Our Work
RESPECT and ADVOCACY
DIGNITY and COMPASSION
ETHICAL and EQUAL TREATMENT for ALL
Principles of Conduct
SAMHC occupies a position of leadership in the community that is reflected by significant satisfaction expressed by our stakeholders: the people we serve, our sister agencies in the behavioral health network, and our sources of funding. SAMHC staff members are committed to:
- EXCELLENCE: Developing skills, abilities, and commitment to life-long learning to yield positive clinical outcomes
- COMMUNICATION: Sharing available agency information as completely and clearly as possible
- MUTUAL RESPECT: Promoting mutual respect among coworkers and the persons we serve
- PRO-ACTIVE SUPPORT: Sharing the agency's objectives and indetifying with them
- TEAMWORK: Promoting teamwork and group spirit while honoring each discipline's scope of practice
- HONESTY: All employees conduct themselves in a manner worthy of trust and cooperation
Principles for a Person-Centered Approach to Service Delivery
- SAMHC embraces a strengths-based and family-focused approach.
- Every person presenting at SAMHC will be assessed for lethality, pain and serious psychiatric and medical probems, cultural preferences, and AHCCCS eligibility.
- Determination of appropriate assessment, clinical care and disposition are always based upon "real time" staffing with other clinicians, shift managers and medical staff
- A least restrictive environment will always be explored when considering options for supervised care
- When triaging requests for the MAC team and crisis services, clinical presentation drives the order in which persons are seen.
- SAMHC values our relationships with other behavioral health agencies and strives for professional cooperation and smooth transitions into on-going treatment.